This Aluminum Swing-Out Rear Tire Carrier for the 4-Door or 2-Door Jeep Wrangler JK (2007-Current) is constructed from 6061-T6 Aluminum Alloy, and weighs in at a mere 21lbs
The sleek design opens and closes effortlessly, and has secure 4-point urethane mounting to make it completely rattle-free.
The GenRight Off Road Swing-Out Tire Carrier is completely independent of the rear bumper, so it can be used with any brand rear bumper.
- 1-3/4" diameter x .188" thick wall 6061-T6 Aluminum Alloy tubing
- 4-point polyurethane mounting is rattle-free and will not open by itself
- Completely independent from the rear bumper, allowing you to run just about any rear bumper you choose.
- Swing out tube style carrier cage design opens effortlessly
- Mounts to factory rear door hinges (strong & rattle-free)
- 100% TIG welded Aluminum
- Designed to hold from a 33" up to a 42" tire (Max tire width 14.5")
- Fits any bolt pattern or wheel offset (not stock)
- Corrosion-resistant materials require no paint (but can be painted or powder coated if you choose)
- Fits tighter to the rear tailgate than any other brand rear tire carrier
- Improves departure angle
- License plate is re-located to center mount on tire carrier
- Cover for factory license plate location
- Pre-drilled for license plate and 3rd brake light wiring
- Can be painted, powder coated, or left raw
- Includes Stop-Lock to hold the Tire Carrier open when needed.
- Made in the USA
- Sold un-painted. The finish can be left "natural", painted or powder coated.
- Requires drilling of six 1/4" holes on drivers side rear area by the tail light to mount the latch plate.
- Requires that the factory rear door hinges be removed so new GenRight pivot points installed (no new holes required) in place of the factory hinge piece.
- If using the factory tail lights, the tire carrier brackets may have to be modified to clear (simple trimming to clear).
- Each tire carrier is drilled with a fish wire to allow you to pull electrical power wires through the tubes of the tire carrier.
- This carrier relocates the license plate from the side to the rear. It is necessary to have a license plate light (and 3rd brake light)
- Includes Stop-Lock
- You can lock this Tire Carrier by replacing one or both of the supplied closure pins with a locking hitch pin.
- This tire carrier is made to carry a 160lb tire & wheel.
- DO NOT over load this carrier with gas cans or other heavy items or it will damage the jeep or carrier.