Any hardcore off-road enthusiast knows the numerous benefits that lower tire pressures offer such as improved ride quality and a larger contact patch for increased traction. However, low pressures also increase the risk of de-beading the tire during extreme side loads or aggressive driving. While traditional beadlock wheels address this issue by clamping the tire’s bead, they also need frequent maintenance, require specialty tools/parts, increase rotational mass, and are NOT legal for on-road use.
The ICON Alloys Rebound PRO with patented InnerLock technology offers the best of both worlds by using a robust bead retention system to keep the tire bead secured to the wheel while also being fully DOT compliant. This provides confidence in knowing that your wheels are prepared to tackle whatever situation you encounter - on or off the beaten path. InnerLock is ready for any type of terrain and every single adventure.
During an accelerated R&D process, ICON engineers subjected the Rebound PRO to thousands of miles of real-world abuse throughout harsh and unforgiving environments. After on-vehicle testing was concluded, the Rebound PRO was sent to an independent contractor for precise lab testing, specifically the FMVSS No.139 Tire Bead Unseat Resistance Test (modified to 10 psi). Results from multiple tests validated the effectiveness of ICON’s InnerLock technology by exceeding the mechanical limits of the machine (over 7600lbs load) without ever de-beading the tire.
Staying true to the ICON Alloys approach, the Rebound PRO has been engineered to maximize caliper clearance and optimize wheel position for un-hindered suspension travel and steering function. Backspace and wheel offset dimensions have been strategically developed to reduce scrub radius, improving all-around handling and ride quality. The Rebound PRO has also been strength tested to yield a 3,200lb load rating - making it one of the strongest wheel options on the market. With build features such as these, it's clear that a set of ICON Alloys wheels is the perfect complement to any truck, Jeep, or SUV.
- Engineered for DOT compliance
- Patented InnerLock technology (U.S. Patent No. 11,090,976) provides the ultimate blend of on-road safety and off-road performance, ideal for the “weekend warrior”
- Bead retention system features alloy pins that are removable, reusable, and replaceable
- Hardened bead retention pins utilize a SAE J1926 O-ring seal and are constructed from high strength alloy that is thermochemically treated for extreme corrosion resistance
- Quick, easy, and safe tire installation and removal
- Strategically placed hardware for maximum protection from trail damage
- Compatible with a wide variety of tires without the need for any shims or special tools
- Application-specific dimensions optimize vehicle dynamics and tire clearance
- Reduced unsprung weight and rotating mass (compared to a traditional bead lock) improves handling characteristics and vehicle dynamics
- Aluminum alloy construction provides strength properties that are well suited for off-road use
- Super strong 3200 lbs load rating