This Aluminum Swing-Out Rear Tire Carrier for the Jeep Wrangler JL is constructed from 6061-T6 Aluminum Alloy.
The sleek design opens and closes effortlessly, and has secure 4-point urethane mounting to make it completely rattle-free.
The GenRight Off Road Swing-Out Tire Carrier is completely independent of the rear bumper, so it can be used with any brand rear bumper (including stock).
- 1-3/4" diameter x 0.188" thick wall 6061-T6 Aluminum Alloy tubing.
- 4-point polyurethane mounting is rattle-free and will not open by itself.
- Completely independent from the rear bumper, allowing you to run just about any rear bumper you choose.
- Swing out tube style carrier cage design opens effortlessly.
- Mounts to factory rear door hinge points (strong & rattle-free).
- Adjustable mounting so you can adjust the carrier to open and close in the future.
- TIG welded by hand in a precision fixture for top quality and perfect fit.
- Designed to hold from a 35" to a 42" (14.50) tires.
- Fits any bolt pattern or offset wheels (stock wheels can be used by running backwards in the carrier).
- Corrosion-resistant materials require no paint (but can be painted or powder coated if you choose).
- Fits tighter to the rear tailgate than any other brand rear tire carrier (only a total of 18" from the rear door).
- Improves your vehicles rear departure angle.
- License plate is re-located to the center on tire carrier (from down on the factory rear bumper).
- Pre-drilled for license plate and 3rd brake light wiring.
- Includes the GenRight Stop/Lock to hold the tire carrier open for you.
- Lightest tire carrier on the market at only 49 lbs.
- 100% Made in the USA.
- This tire carrier is sold un-painted, it can be left in the "natural" brushed aluminum finish, painted or powder coated.
- Requires drilling of four 3/8" holes on drivers side rear area by the tail light to mount the two latch plates.
- Requires that the factory rear door hinges be removed so new GenRight rear door hinges can be installed (no new holes required).
- Due to the thinner sheet metal body on the JL, GenRight does NOT recommend mounting ANY accessories (hi-lift jack, gas cans, etc) on this tire carrier (160lb MAX).
- Each tire carrier is drilled with a fish wire to allow you to pull 3rd brake light and license plate power wires through the tubes of the tire carrier.
- This carrier relocates the license plate from the side to the rear. It is necessary to have a license plate light (and 3rd brake light)
- Optional relocation mount available for the factory JL rear view camera.
- This tire carrier is made to carry a 160lb tire & wheel.
- DO NOT over load this carrier with gas cans or other heavy items or it will damage the jeep or carrier.